The party announced the shift in a statement today.
It urged all duly registered party members to collect their permanent membership cards from their respective wards.
It was the second time in one week that the party would alter its primary election timetable.
Last week, the organising secretary Emma Ibediro announced a revised timetable for the conduct of all the party’s primaries ahead of February 2019 general elections, as approved by the National Working Committee.
The 2018 primaries would be held as follows:
- Governorship Primaries – September 29, 2018.
- Senate Primaries – October 2, 2018.
- House of Representatives Primaries – October 3, 2018.
- State House of Assembly Primaries – October 4, 2018.
- Presidential National Convention – October 6, 2018.